Friday 22 August 2014

A NICE QUIET PLACE no.2

 previous part here 
Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I´ll meet you up there where the path 
runs straight and high.
- Led Zeppelin 

I stopped crying when I realized it can't help me. It never helps. That's why you quit crying, remember? Yes, of course, of course. 
And I got up and ran. 
I started talking to myself. That's what I do when I'm- 
-well, I can't really specify the conditions under which I do this.

All of a sudden a strange thought crossed my mind. It was there just for a second. And that was very enough.
Somebody is chasing you.
My heart skipped a beat. Paralyzing fear started spilling throughout my body. I speeded up.
Run.
I looked back. There was no one behind me. As far as my eyes could se were only harvested fields.
But I kept running.
Then I realized what my mind was trying to tell me.
The person chasing me
was me
.  .  .

And if I could hold you, where would you belong? Sitting here to reason how the world's gone wrong.


I laid down in a soft pile of straw in the middle of one field.
And as I was lying there I noticed how dark gray the sky got. The air was getting heavy and the wind was rising.
Storm is coming.
I didn't take my cellphone or any watch with me. I tried to count how long am I out there and if it's not dinner time already. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered.
I just laid there, playing with straws, thinking and still talking to myself.

I was wondering what woud He say, if He'd saw me there, basically lying on the ground, talking to myself, teary-eyed.
A sad smile lit up my face. Somehow I always smile when I think about Him.
He'd probably just lay down next to me and looked up at the sky. Maybe asked what am I doing here.
And I'd say
"Waiting for you".
.  .  .


I lied when I said I wanted to be alone.
But you probably figured that out already.

May the bridges I burn light the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend!